Industrial Grade Materials
The Mapper X8 is designed with high-grade materials that are strong enough to carry heavy payloads but lightweight so as to give you more time in the air. The patented frame design also allows for uniform distribution of weight that spreads the payload equally over a larger surface area with an anti-vibration mechanism.
Smoother Footage & Camera Customization
The Mapper X8 allows for incomparably smoother footage by using multiple axis gyro-stabilized camera gimbals. Hence This allows for longer flight times and unwavering balance even in tougher weather conditions. XFold quadcopter drones are best platforms for Hollywood features, Television, Olympic sporting events, and documentaries worldwide. Finally, The Mapper X8 can carry up to two cameras for 2D or 3D stereo filming.
Lastly, The cameras payloads are the Sony NEX Series, Panasonic GH4, and other similar sized cameras.
Changeable Frame Design
Designed with customization and mobilization in mind. Therefore fold up frame is light and easy to travel. The user may also switch from a Quad, Hexa, x8 configurations.
Payload & Capacity Safe & Flight Time
The Mapper x8 can hold up to 20 pounds of payload and also has a flight time of up to 25 mins.
DJI A2 Flight Control System
The A2 flight control system has a main controller, IMU, GPS, PMU, and Bluetooth LED indicator.
The aircraft’s equivalent of a CPU. The main controller takes pilot input and, factoring in data from the IMU, GPU, and other sources instruct the ESCs at the motors. In addition, the A2 main controller incorporates a 2.4 GHz DR16 receiver which is compatible with Futaba FASST series and DJI DESST series transmitters (radio controllers). In conclusion, the main unit features a CAN-bus terminal with 12 output channels
First of all the GPS allows the aircraft to keep track of where it is in two-dimensional flight. This enables various types of assisted flying not otherwise possible, such as keeping the aircraft in a fixed hover while shooting video.
- LED Bluetooth Indicator
- The LED-BTU-I module provides the USB and Bluetooth connectivity required so you can adjust various flight control parameters using a computer or mobile device. Bluetooth wireless communications can be extend using the 2.4G Bluetooth Datalink, which relays Bluetooth data over 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for use with the iPad Ground Station, a waypoint-based autopilot mapping system
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
Also, on multi-rotor aircraft– as with aeroplanes–pressing “forward” on the transmitter (radio controller) moves the nose forward. However, because multi-rotors are largely symmetrical, it can be easy to lose track of which way the nose is pointing, causing the controls to become counter-intuitive. To avoid this, IOC–when enabled using the assistant software–defines movement relative to the pilot so that, for example, pressing forward will always result in the aircraft moving forward from the pilot’s perspective point.
of Interest (POI)
When the GPS signal is good, users can record the current position of the aircraft as a point of interest by a reset switch on the transmitter (radio controller). The aircraft can achieve a circling flight around the point of interest with the nose pointing at the POI in an area of 16.4 to 1,640′ radius when the roll command is given. Therefore this function is ideal for the shooting of a fixed or stationary object, creating an aerial tracking shot
- Designed for the 3D mapper, surveyor or landscape professional and enthusiast in mind.
- xFold customizable rig includes Naza V2 with GPS and gimbal for GoPro, IOSD mini, single radio, Pix4D.
- Frame Construction: Toray 3K Weave Carbon Fiber
- Weight: 3.9 Kg (incl motors, props, flight controller, landing gear)
- Flight Controller: Naza V2 GPS, 2.4 BTU Ground Station with 50 waypoints (Pix4D Month)
- Motors: xFold Custom 400 KV
- ESC: xFold 30 Amp
- Power: 10,000 mAh – 6S (min)
- Battery Configuration: Dual Battery Standard
- Radio: xFold/Futaba Commercial 14 Channel Center Sprung
- Video Down Link: 700 mW VTX 5.8 GHz
- Gimbal: 3 Axis GoPro Compatible
- Flight Monitor: 7’’ super slim FPV Monitor built-in battery dual 32CH 5.8GHz diversity receivers
- Batteries: 2 x 10,000 mAh (35c)
- Telemetry: iOSD Mark 2
- Travel Case: Hardshell Transport Cases
- # of Batteries: 2